Just in case you are a little behind the curve, Smart released a significant upgrade to its software with Notebook 11 last year. The new features included are nothing less than a WOW!
- A new toolbar and sleek interface
- The ability to insert an internet browser onto a notebook page so that a webpage can be viewed right in Notebook
- The Activity Builder tool that enables the creation of matching games and sorting activities
- Crayon drawing tool
- Grouping and ungrouping objects with gestures
- Voice recording directly to an object
- A new text editor
- And more! Click here to see Smart’s document about Notebook 11
Here’s a video from Smart introducing Notebook 11:
Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the debut version of Notebook 11. It starts up slowly, occasionally freezes, and just misbehaves a little too often for me to use regularly. I do have it installed on one of my laptops, but I prefer to wait for a more stable version of 11 to use it when teaching my seminars. No one needs to use glitchy software when learning how to use a new program!
But there’s great news! An improved version may be just around the corner! A beta version of Notebook 11.1 was released in February 2013 for product testing. Notebook 11.1 is supposed to be faster and work better with MS PowerPoint and Word than the previous version. If you anxious to try it out the beta Notebook 11.1 version, click here to download.
Me? I’m anxiously awaiting the official full product release of Notebook 11.1 in the (hopefully) near future!